The Dallas Mavericks and Flowserve partnered with Dallas Independent School District for the Dallas Mavericks Science of Basketball program presented by Flowserve to provide engaging programs to students in the Dallas area.
The Dallas mavericks Science of Basketball provides a mechanism for elementary and middle school students to improve their academic performance. Our goal is to translate the love of basketball into an appreciation, understanding, and passion of the science and mathematics underlying the sport.
- Developed a Dallas Mavericks Science of Basketball 10-lesson curriculum for schools to use in the classroom or after school program
- Hosted a teacher workshop for 20 5th and 6th grade level teachers
- Developed 20 Science of Basketball Kits including all the classroom materials and sporting equipment needed to implement at the school
- Provided assessment and evaluation on student growth and teacher effectiveness
- Developed website for teachers to access curriculum, worksheets, and online resources
- Provided a Mavericks Science of Basketball 1-day student camp for 100 students
- More than 2,000 students
- More than 20 teachers
- 10 schools participated in the program